- BlackBerry 10 OS
- BlackBerry Link
The following information is intended for retail support representatives who are assisting customers with troubleshooting.
BlackBerry smartphone users may experience issues with BlackBerry Link. This article provides information to help troubleshoot BlackBerry Link issues.
Regarding use of BlackBerry Software: Individuals working in a retail support capacity may assist customers with updating, backing up, restoring and reloading their software by providing the appropriate KB, if applicable, and using customer’s hardware ONLY. In order to protect the privacy of customer data, only the BlackBerry Virtual Expert tool should be used.
Note: BlackBerry Desktop Software and BlackBerry Link are for customer use only.
The first step in resolving a customer issue is to perform a physical inspection of the BlackBerry smartphone. For more information, see KB35521.
The following articles provide information to help with general troubleshooting:
The following articles provide information to help with advanced troubleshooting:
- KB34368 - Expected behavior of first time BlackBerry 10 smartphone synchronization using BlackBerry Link
- KB33475 - Support for BlackBerry Link and BlackBerry Desktop Software on the same computer
- KB26745 - BlackBerry Desktop Software or BlackBerry Link displays the message "Update Could Not Be Completed" or "cannot communicate with the connected device" when connecting to the BlackBerry 10 smartphone or BlackBerry PlayBook tablet via USB
- KB27424 - Identifying and troubleshooting issues with the BlackBerry Desktop Software or BlackBerry Link detecting a BlackBerry PlayBook or BlackBerry 10 smartphone connected via USB
- KB33527 - BlackBerry Link Wireless Sync will not work when the computer is connected through a VPN session
- KB33535 - BlackBerry Link will not detect the BlackBerry 10 smartphone when connected using Wi-Fi
- KB34383 - Calendar appointments are not displayed on the BlackBerry 10 smartphone after performing synchronization with BlackBerry Link
- KB34573 - About security for the BlackBerry Remote File Access feature in BlackBerry Link
- KB34704 - "Cannot create a temp file for the specified attachment" appears when opening attachments on a BlackBerry 10 smartphone
- KB33859 - Accessing media on the BlackBerry 10 smartphone from a computer using USB without installing BlackBerry Link
- KB33505 - How to backup data on the BlackBerry device
- KB34045 - How to clean reload BlackBerry 10 OS or BlackBerry PlayBook OS using BlackBerry Link
- KB33526 - How to backup and restore data on the BlackBerry 10 smartphone
- KB33322 - How to migrate data from a BlackBerry smartphone running BlackBerry Device Software 5.0 and above to BlackBerry 10
- KB34364 - How to perform a Software Update on the BlackBerry 10 smartphone
- For User Guides, Visual Demonstrations, and Tutorials, visit docs.blackberry.com. Under the BlackBerry Manuals & Help section, choose BlackBerry Manuals > Smartphones > BlackBerry smartphones. Choose the relevant BlackBerry smartphone model
- Additional help may be found on the BlackBerry smartphone's Help application.
Searching for other possible solutions
If a solution is not found by using the information or articles linked above, use the following tips to effectively search the BlackBerry Knowledge Base for a solution:
- Use the customer's words.
- For example, BlackBerry will not turn on instead of The device will not boot or startup.
- Use keywords and be straight to the point (avoid filler).
- For example,
When theBlackBerry has been turned off itwill not turn on
- For example,
- Use quotes to search for an exact set of words.
- For example, Application net_rim_bb_vvm is not responding finds many articles, but "Application net_rim_bb_vvm is not responding" finds only the article with the exact error.
- Refine search results by entering another search in the Search Within search box or by selecting the applicable product from the Focus Your Results section in the left sidebar.
By downloading, accessing or otherwise using the Knowledge Base documents you agree:
(b) not to copy, distribute, disclose or reproduce, in full or in part any of the documents without the express written consent of RIM.
Visit the BlackBerry Technical Solution Center at www.blackberry.com/btsc.