- BlackBerry World
- BlackBerry 10 OS
The following information is intended for retail support representatives who are assisting customers with troubleshooting.
The customer can use BlackBerry World to search for and download games and apps.
Note: BlackBerry World was previously known as BlackBerry App World storefront.
Customer questions about BlackBerry World
Customers may have questions about BlackBerry World. The following troubleshooting resources can help you answer customer questions related to BlackBerry World.
The customer cannot download applications or change payment options in BlackBerry World
- The customer must log in to the BlackBerry smartphone with a BlackBerry ID before they can download applications from BlackBerry World or change their payment options.
Note: The customer’s service provider or the application itself may not support the payment option that they want to use.
The customer is not sure how to download Android applications from BlackBerry World
- Inform the customer that with BlackBerry World and BlackBerry 10 smartphones, Android applications are downloaded and used in the same way as any other application from BlackBerry World.
- A running Android application is identified by the presence of a toolbar at the bottom of the display.
The customer experiences issues downloading large files from BlackBerry World
The BlackBerry smartphone may only download content through Wi-Fi if the customer changed the default setting. To restore the default setting:
- Open BlackBerry World.
- Swipe down from the top of the screen.
- Tap Settings > Network & Data Limits.
- Switch Use Wi-Fi Only to Off. This allows the customer to download files over the mobile network.
Note: Downloads completed over the mobile network are limited to a maximum size of 50 MB. Anything more than 50 MB requires a Wi-Fi connection.
By downloading, accessing or otherwise using the Knowledge Base documents you agree:
(b) not to copy, distribute, disclose or reproduce, in full or in part any of the documents without the express written consent of RIM.
Visit the BlackBerry Technical Solution Center at www.blackberry.com/btsc.