- BlackBerry 10 OS
- Light sensor
The following information is intended for retail support representatives who are assisting customers with troubleshooting.
BlackBerry smartphone users may experience issues with the display. This article provides information to help troubleshoot display issues.
Regarding use of BlackBerry Software: Individuals working in a retail support capacity may assist customers with updating, backing up, restoring and reloading their software by providing the appropriate KB, if applicable, and using customer’s hardware ONLY. In order to protect the privacy of customer data, only the BlackBerry Virtual Expert tool should be used.
Note: BlackBerry Desktop Software and BlackBerry Link are for customer use only.
The first step in resolving a customer issue is to perform a physical inspection of the BlackBerry smartphone. For more information, see KB35521.
The following articles provide information to help with general troubleshooting:
The following articles provide information to help with advanced troubleshooting:
- KB33669 - How to maximize battery life on the BlackBerry 10 smartphone
- KB33724 - Screen does not respond to touch or appears to be frozen on the BlackBerry Z10 smartphone
- KB33684 - Unable to wake BlackBerry 10 smartphone from sleep while on the lock screen
- KB34170 - Rotation Lock setting on the BlackBerry Z10 smartphone is not persistent across device restarts
- KB33949 - When using edit mode to move or delete applications on the BlackBerry Z10 smartphone, BlackBerry Maps displays a delete icon (trash can) and can be deleted
- KB33733 - The YouTube icon is missing from the BlackBerry 10 smartphone
- KB33925 - Unable to delete home screen bookmarks and folders when created in the work space on the BlackBerry 10 smartphone
- KB33872 - After removing unwanted applications from the BlackBerry smartphone, a software update notification is displayed
- KB33816 - Unable to delete Browser bookmark from work space home screen on the BlackBerry 10 smartphone
- KB35155 - A blank grey screen is displayed when attempting to compose a Text Message on the BlackBerry Z10 smartphone
- KB33721 - The BlackBerry Z10 smartphone takes 30 to 60 seconds to completely power off after the screen goes blank
- KB33256 - Videos do not play on some media player applications and only show a black screen
- For User Guides, Visual Demonstrations, and Tutorials, visit docs.blackberry.com. Under the BlackBerry Manuals & Help section, choose BlackBerry Manuals > Smartphones > BlackBerry smartphones. Choose the relevant BlackBerry smartphone model.
- Additional help may be found on the BlackBerry smartphone's Help application.
Searching for other possible solutions
If a solution is not found by using the information or articles linked above, use the following tips to effectively search the BlackBerry Knowledge Base for a solution:
- Use the customer's words.
- For example, BlackBerry will not turn on instead of The device will not boot or startup.
- Use keywords and be straight to the point (avoid filler).
- For example,
When theBlackBerry has been turned off itwill not turn on
- For example,
- Use quotes to search for an exact set of words.
- For example, Application net_rim_bb_vvm is not responding finds many articles, but "Application net_rim_bb_vvm is not responding" finds only the article with the exact error.
- Refine search results by entering another search in the Search Within search box or by selecting the applicable product from the Focus Your Results section in the left sidebar.
By downloading, accessing or otherwise using the Knowledge Base documents you agree:
(b) not to copy, distribute, disclose or reproduce, in full or in part any of the documents without the express written consent of RIM.
Visit the BlackBerry Technical Solution Center at www.blackberry.com/btsc.