- BlackBerry 7 and earlier
- BlackBerry App World
- BlackBerry Desktop Software
- BlackBerry ID
- BlackBerry Device Software
The following information is intended for retail support representatives who are assisting customers with troubleshooting.
BlackBerry smartphone users may experience issues with applications on the smartphone. This article provides information to help troubleshoot BlackBerry smartphone application issues.
Regarding use of BlackBerry Software: Individuals working in a retail support capacity may assist customers with updating, backing up, restoring and reloading their software by providing the appropriate KB, if applicable, and using customer’s hardware ONLY. In order to protect the privacy of customer data, only the BlackBerry Virtual Expert tool should be used.
Note: BlackBerry Desktop Software and BlackBerry Link are for customer use only.
The first step in resolving a customer issue is to perform a physical inspection of the BlackBerry smartphone. For more information, see KB35521.
The following articles provide information to help with general troubleshooting:
- KB35589 - Troubleshooting issues with installing and uninstalling applications
- KB35590 - Troubleshooting issues with closing applications
- KB35594 - Troubleshooting issues with memory usage
- KB35595 - Troubleshooting issues with third-party applications
- KB35596 - Troubleshooting issues with applications not working after software upgrade
The following articles provide information to help with advanced troubleshooting:
- KB14473 - How to install or uninstall an application on a BlackBerry smartphone using the BlackBerry Desktop Software
- KB28390 - Unable to reinstall an application in App World on a BlackBerry smartphone
- KB17625 - How to install or transfer previously purchased applications from BlackBerry App World to a BlackBerry smartphone
- KB33286 - There was a problem installing <app name> please try again occurs when downloading applications from BlackBerry App World
- KB17862 - Applications are not listed in My World after switching BlackBerry smartphones or upgrading the BlackBerry Device Software
- KB24457 - "There is an issue with BlackBerry App World. BlackBerry App World must now close" appears and BlackBerry App World closes unexpectedly
- KB17235 - How to determine what applications are running using the Switch Application option
- KB15544 - Could not launch camera application error appears when opening the camera on the BlackBerry smartphone
- KB32216 - Applications are noticed to be shutdown after unlocking a password locked BlackBerry smartphone
- KB14320 - How to maximize battery life and free memory on the BlackBerry smartphone
- KB17624 - BlackBerry App World memory management
- KB19371 - BlackBerry smartphones with content protection and memory cleaner turned on may experience slow performance
- KB03862 - BlackBerry smartphone memory cleaner
- KB10527 - Media card cannot be read. Verify that the memory card is formatted
- KB19117 - How to access the Help Me! screen on the BlackBerry smartphone
- KB19861 - Application permissions are preventing a third-party application from loading on a BlackBerry smartphone
- KB27706 - How to contact support for third-party applications purchased using BlackBerry World storefront on a BlackBerry smartphone
- KB31936 - How to set permissions for third-party applications on a BlackBerry smartphone
- For User Guides, Visual Demonstrations, and Tutorials, visit docs.blackberry.com. Under the BlackBerry Manuals & Help section, choose BlackBerry Manuals > Smartphones > BlackBerry smartphones. Choose the relevant BlackBerry smartphone model.
Searching for other possible solutions
If a solution is not found by using the information or articles linked above, use the following tips to effectively search the BlackBerry Knowledge Base for a solution:
- Use the customer's words.
- For example, BlackBerry will not turn on instead of The device will not boot or startup.
- Use keywords and be straight to the point (avoid filler).
- For example,
When theBlackBerry has been turned off itwill not turn on
- For example,
- Use quotes to search for an exact set of words.
- For example, Application net_rim_bb_vvm is not responding finds many articles, but "Application net_rim_bb_vvm is not responding" finds only the article with the exact error.
- Refine search results by entering another search in the Search Within search box or by selecting the applicable product from the Focus Your Results section in the left sidebar.
By downloading, accessing or otherwise using the Knowledge Base documents you agree:
(b) not to copy, distribute, disclose or reproduce, in full or in part any of the documents without the express written consent of RIM.
Visit the BlackBerry Technical Solution Center at www.blackberry.com/btsc.