- BlackBerry 7 and earlier
The following information is intended for retail support representatives who are assisting customers with troubleshooting.
The customer may experience the following audio-related issues when making phone calls:
- During phone calls, the speaker, headset, or speakerphone does not function as expected.
- The customer experiences distorted or one-way audio (for example, “I cannot hear a caller”, or “they cannot hear me”) during phone calls.
Ask the customer about their audio experience during phone calls:
- Ask the customer if they hear distorted or no audio through the regular BlackBerry smartphone speaker.
- Ask the customer if they can hear phone calls using their speakerphone.
- Ask the customer if they can hear phone calls using a headset (wired or wireless).
If a customer has difficulty with audio during phone calls, use the following steps as a guide for troubleshooting:
- Make a phone call using the BlackBerry smartphone and test the ability to hear the caller.
- Advise the customer to use the volume keys to change the volume setting. The volume keys are located on the side of the BlackBerry smartphone.
- Advise the customer that they may experience distorted audio in areas of bad coverage, or the audio issue may be related to the phone call application.
By downloading, accessing or otherwise using the Knowledge Base documents you agree:
(b) not to copy, distribute, disclose or reproduce, in full or in part any of the documents without the express written consent of RIM.
Visit the BlackBerry Technical Solution Center at www.blackberry.com/btsc.