- BlackBerry 7 and earlier
The following information is intended for retail support representatives who are assisting customers with troubleshooting.
If the customer is experiencing issues with a blank, white display, try the following actions to resolve the issue. If the issue persists, proceed to the next troubleshooting step:
- Make sure the BlackBerry smartphone is turned on by tapping the power button located near the lower-right of the display.
- If the BlackBerry smartphone is turned on but the display is off due to the Backlight Timeout setting, wake it by tapping the lock button at the top of the BlackBerry smartphone. If the BlackBerry smartphone is busy, there may be a short delay in response. Wait a few seconds and tap again.
- If the customer has screen display software installed on their laptop (Impatica via Dock, SOTI Pocket Controller), connect the BlackBerry smartphone to the customer’s laptop, and ask the customer to run the display software. If the display software works, but the display software remains blank, there may be a hardware issue with the display.
- Send a message to the BlackBerry smartphone to trigger a notification response such as a sound, vibration, or LED blinking. If there is no response, the BlackBerry smartphone may not be active or connected to a network. If a notification response is detected but the BlackBerry smartphone display remains blank, there may be a hardware issue with the display.
- Restart the BlackBerry smartphone.
By downloading, accessing or otherwise using the Knowledge Base documents you agree:
(b) not to copy, distribute, disclose or reproduce, in full or in part any of the documents without the express written consent of RIM.
Visit the BlackBerry Technical Solution Center at www.blackberry.com/btsc.