- BlackBerry smartphones running BlackBerry 7 OS and earlier
The 507 error message indicates that no applications are loaded on the smartphone.
This can occur for various reasons including during a software update, where existing applications on the smartphone were erased, however new applications were not installed.
Complete the following steps:
- Ensure the laptop is disconnected from any docking station and connect the smartphone directly to the laptop using the USB cable.
- Reload the BlackBerry device software. See KB11320.
- A backup file may have been created as part of a previous attempt to update the BlackBerry Device Software. It may be possible to restore information such as contacts and calendar entries by using this backup file. For steps to restore the information from a backup file, see KB10339. If a backup was never performed, the information may not be recoverable.
- Third party applications will not be installed as part of the reload process and will need to be re-installed.
By downloading, accessing or otherwise using the Knowledge Base documents you agree:
(b) not to copy, distribute, disclose or reproduce, in full or in part any of the documents without the express written consent of RIM.
Visit the BlackBerry Technical Solution Center at www.blackberry.com/btsc.