- BlackBerry® smartphones with Bluetooth® technology
- BlackBerry® Device Software 4.1 and later
Important: Research In Motion® (RIM®) cannot guarantee that all third-party Bluetooth® accessories function with Bluetooth enabled BlackBerry® smartphones.
This list is not intended to solely state supported Bluetooth devices, rather indicates a list of Bluetooth devices that RIM has tested and found to function correctly. RIM is in the process of expanding the list of known compatible Bluetooth headsets.
Bluetooth accessories that are not listed in this article are still likely to function with Bluetooth enabled BlackBerry smartphones, but RIM has yet to test them. If you experience difficulty using a Bluetooth accessory, contact RIM for assistance. BlackBerry® Technical Support Services subscribers can contact the BlackBerry Technical Support team directly. If your Bluetooth accessory is not compatible with Bluetooth enabled BlackBerry smartphones, steps will be taken to rectify this incompatibility whenever possible.
Here are some examples of Bluetooth headsets that are known to function with Bluetooth enabled BlackBerry smartphones:
- Flamingo™ Bluetooth Headset *
- Jabra® BT250v
- Jabra® JX10
- Jabra® BT125
- Logitech® Mobile Pro™ Headset
- Motorola® Bluetooth Headset H500 **
- Motorola® Bluetooth Headset HS820
- Motorola® Bluetooth Headset HS850
- nXZEN™ 5000
- Plantronics® M3000 Bluetooth Headset
- Plantronics Discovery™ 640 Bluetooth Headset
- Plantronics Explorer™ 320 Bluetooth Headset
- Plantronics Voyager™ 510 Bluetooth Headset
- scala-500™ ***
- Sony® Ericsson® Akono™ Bluetooth Headset HBH-602
* Three-way calling features on the Flamingo Bluetooth Headset are not supported.
** You can transfer audio files from the BlackBerry smartphone to the Motorola Bluetooth Headset H500, but not from the headset to the BlackBerry smartphone.
*** The audio transfer function on the scala-500 headset is not fully supported.
Previously Tested Headsets
The following is a list of Bluetooth headsets that have previously worked with Bluetooth enabled BlackBerry smartphones:
- Logitech Mobile Freedom™
- Plantronics® M2500 Bluetooth Headset
By downloading, accessing or otherwise using the Knowledge Base documents you agree:
(b) not to copy, distribute, disclose or reproduce, in full or in part any of the documents without the express written consent of RIM.
Visit the BlackBerry Technical Solution Center at www.blackberry.com/btsc.