- BlackBerry® Desktop Software 4.1 to 4.7
- BlackBerry smartphones
- Windows® 2000, XP, Vista™
- Windows Mobile®
- Palm OS®
The organizer data migration wizard allows you to import personal information management (PIM) data from a Palm OS device or a Windows Mobile device to your BlackBerry smartphone. You can import contacts, calendar entries, tasks, and memos.
How to use the organizer data migration wizard
- If you are migrating organizer data from a Palm OS device to a BlackBerry smartphone, use the HotSync® feature on the Palm OS device.
Note: This step does not apply to Windows Mobile devices.
- Turn off wireless organizer data synchronization if it is active on your BlackBerry smartphone. For instructions, see KB04976 .
- Connect your BlackBerry smartphone to your computer.
- Connect your Palm OS device or Windows Mobile device to your computer.
- Open BlackBerry® Desktop Manager and double-click Intellisync. The Intellisync® window appears.
- Click Import. The Migration Wizard window appears.
- Click Next.
- Select the type of device that you are using and click Next.
- From the drop-down list, select the PIM profile from which you are importing organizer data, then click Next. The data migration begins.
- When PIM data was imported successfully appears, click Finish.
- Turn on wireless organizer data synchronization on your BlackBerry smartphone (if applicable).
The organizer data migration wizard supports the following products:
- Microsoft® Pocket PC 2000, 2002, and 2003
- Microsoft Smartphone 2002 and 2003
- Microsoft Smartphone 2003 SE
- Palm OS devices being used with Palm Desktop software versions 4.0.1, 4.1, 4.1.2, 4.1.4, and 6.0.1
To view the field mapping list used by the organizer data migration wizard, see KB04346 .
By downloading, accessing or otherwise using the Knowledge Base documents you agree:
(b) not to copy, distribute, disclose or reproduce, in full or in part any of the documents without the express written consent of RIM.
Visit the BlackBerry Technical Solution Center at www.blackberry.com/btsc.