- BlackBerry® Internet Service
- BlackBerry® smartphones
- Gmail™ webmail service or Google Mail™
The BlackBerry® smartphone user is unable to receive email messages on the BlackBerry smartphone from a Gmail™ webmail service account that is associated with a BlackBerry® Internet Service account.
Summary of Causes
This issue may be caused by one of the following:
- The Gmail account is currently not validated.
- The global filter is set to prevent email messages from being forwarded to the BlackBerry smartphone.
Important: For additional causes, see KB02169.
Complete the appropriate resolution.
The Gmail account is currently not validated.
- Log in to the BlackBerry Internet Service account to validate the Gmail account again. For instructions, see KB05255.
- Complete the resolution steps listed for Cause 2.
The global filter is set to prevent email messages from being forwarded to the BlackBerry smartphone.
Update the global filter, when no filters apply, to Do not forward messages to device. For instructions, see KB05095.
As an alternate resolution, set up forwarding from the Gmail account to a BlackBerry® email address. For instructions, see KB04022.
By downloading, accessing or otherwise using the Knowledge Base documents you agree:
(b) not to copy, distribute, disclose or reproduce, in full or in part any of the documents without the express written consent of RIM.
Visit the BlackBerry Technical Solution Center at www.blackberry.com/btsc.