- BlackBerry® Enterprise Server 4.0 to 4.0 SP4 for Novell® GroupWise®
- BlackBerry® Enterprise Server 5.0 for Microsoft® Exchange
- BlackBerry® smartphone
Email message prepopulation does not occur after a BlackBerry® smartphone is activated for an existing BlackBerry smartphone user.
If the above scenario occurs, please see the below checklist.
1) If Novell® GroupWise® is used, confirm that the BlackBerry Enterprise Server
Upgrade to BlackBerry Enterprise Server 4.0 SP5 for Novell GroupWise.
2) Confirm that this is a new BlackBerry user or new BlackBerry smartphone
This is by design in BlackBerry® Enterprise Server for Microsoft® Exchange®. Email pre-population only occurs if the BlackBerry Enterprise Server detects a new user or a new PIN(new BlackBerry smartphone) for an existing user.
3) Confirm if the BlackBerry information still exists in the BlackBerry user's mailbox
Remove the account from the BlackBerry Enterprise server 5.0 making sure to Delete the user and remove the BlackBerry information from the user's mail system.
To verify that the folder was removed, verify that the BlackberryHandheldInfo hidden folder is not in the mailbox by following KB24831.
Add the user back to the BlackBerry Enterprise Server.
NOTE: If the user is removed/added and security wiped, the wireless backup data will also be removed. If the BlackBerry smartphone settings, phone call logs etc. require to be saved, back up the BlackBerry smartphone prior to removing the user.
To work around this issue, complete the following steps:
- Remove the BlackBerry smartphone user account from the BlackBerry Enterprise Server.
- Add the account to the BlackBerry Enterprise Server again.
- Begin a new enterprise activation process.
By downloading, accessing or otherwise using the Knowledge Base documents you agree:
(b) not to copy, distribute, disclose or reproduce, in full or in part any of the documents without the express written consent of RIM.
Visit the BlackBerry Technical Solution Center at www.blackberry.com/btsc.