- BlackBerry® smartphones
- BlackBerry® Device Software
Before selling, or after buying, a previously owned BlackBerry® smartphone, there are important steps to take to make sure that personal information is kept secure and that the BlackBerry smartphone will function properly for the purchaser. The following procedures outline the necessary steps to take before selling or after purchasing a previously owned BlackBerry smartphone.
Selling a BlackBerry smartphone
- If the BlackBerry smartphone has an integrated BlackBerry.net email address, this address may be associated with a BlackBerry Messenger remote backup and restore database. If this email address will not be used in the future (this applies to any integrated email address that will not be used on another BlackBerry smartphone), the association should be removed. For more information, see KB23432.
- If the BlackBerry smartphone was previously associated with a BlackBerry® Internet Service account, contact the wireless service provider to remove the association between the BlackBerry Internet Service account and the BlackBerry smartphone.
- If the BlackBerry smartphone was previously associated with a BlackBerry® Enterprise Server then perform the following actions:
- Contact the administrator to send the default IT policy to the BlackBerry smartphone. For more information, see KB02022 .
- Contact the administrator to remove the BlackBerry smartphone from the BlackBerry Enterprise Server.
- Back up the information on the BlackBerry smartphone. For more information, see KB12487 .
- Delete all data and applications from the BlackBerry smartphone by using the Wipe Handheld option. For instructions, see KB02318 .
The BlackBerry smartphone is now ready to be sold.
Purchasing a previously owned BlackBerry smartphone
- Immediately after receiving the BlackBerry smartphone, delete all data and applications by using the Wipe Handheld option. For instructions, see KB02318 .
- Download the latest version of BlackBerry Device Software from the wireless service provider and update the BlackBerry Device Software using the application loader tool. For instructions, see KB03621 .
The BlackBerry smartphone is now ready to be associated with a BlackBerry Enterprise Server or a BlackBerry Internet Service account.
By downloading, accessing or otherwise using the Knowledge Base documents you agree:
(b) not to copy, distribute, disclose or reproduce, in full or in part any of the documents without the express written consent of RIM.
Visit the BlackBerry Technical Solution Center at www.blackberry.com/btsc.