- BlackBerry® Enterprise Server 4.0 to 4.1
- BlackBerry smartphones
On the menu of the BlackBerry smartphone messages application, the Reconcile Now option is unavailable.
This issue could be caused by the following:
The Desktop [CMIME] service book is corrupted.
Delete and restore the Desktop [CMIME] service books.
- On the BlackBerry smartphone, navigate to the Options menu. Depending on the active theme, it might be located in Settings > Options or Tools > Settings or Tools > Settings > Options.
- Click Service Book. Depending on the version of BlackBerry® Device Software you are using, it might be located under Advanced Options > Service Book.
- Locate the Desktop [CMIME] service book, and delete it.
- Display the menu, and click Undelete to restore the service book back to the BlackBerry smartphone.
Warning: Deleting some service books will prevent the BlackBerry smartphone from sending or receiving email messages.
The email reconciliation option has not been set on the BlackBerry Enterprise Server.
For BlackBerry Enterprise Server versions 4.0 to 4.1, complete the following steps:
- Open the BlackBerry Manager, and right-click the BlackBerry smartphone user account.
- Click Properties.
- On the PIM Sync tab, verify that the Wireless Synchronization Enabled is set to True and Synchronization Type is set to Bidirectional.
- Perform a hard reset on the BlackBerry smartphone. For instructions, see KB02141.
The BlackBerry smartphone database is corrupted and requires a reactivation.
Warning: The following procedure will delete either all data, or all data and applications on the BlackBerry smartphone. The default settings will be restored when the process is complete.
- Click Options > Security Options.
- Open the menu, and click Wipe Handheld. Depending on the version of BlackBerry Device Software, the menu might be located in Options > Security Options > General Settings.
- Once the BlackBerry smartphone has restarted, click on the Enterprise Activation icon.
Note: To complete the wireless activation without the icon, click Options > Advanced Options, then select Enterprise Activation.
- Type the email address and password provided by the system administrator.
- Open the menu, and click Activate.
The BlackBerry smartphone is set up to use the BlackBerry Internet Service only.
Reconcile Now is only an option for BlackBerry smartphones that are connected to a BlackBerry Enterprise Server.
By downloading, accessing or otherwise using the Knowledge Base documents you agree:
(b) not to copy, distribute, disclose or reproduce, in full or in part any of the documents without the express written consent of RIM.
Visit the BlackBerry Technical Solution Center at www.blackberry.com/btsc.