- BlackBerry® smartphones
- BlackBerry® Device Software
To change the trackball or trackpad sensitivity of the BlackBerry® smartphone, complete the following steps:
On smartphones running BlackBerry Device Software 5.0 or earlier:
- On the Home screen, go to Options > Screen/Keyboard.
- In the Trackball or Trackpad section, click Horizontal Sensitivity or Vertical Sensitivity to change the sensitivity level.
- Press the Menu key and select Save. The new sensitivity levels are saved.
Note: A higher sensitivity number indicates a higher sensitivity level for the trackball or trackpad.
On smartphones running BlackBerry® 6:
- On the Home screen, click Options.
- Click Typing and Input and then click Trackpad Sensitivity.
- Change the Horizontal Sensitivity field and Vertical Sensitivity field.
- Press the Menu key and click Save.
Note: A higher sensitivity number indicates a higher sensitivity level for the trackpad.
For additional configuration options for other features, see the BlackBerry smartphone user guide, located here.
By downloading, accessing or otherwise using the Knowledge Base documents you agree:
(b) not to copy, distribute, disclose or reproduce, in full or in part any of the documents without the express written consent of RIM.
Visit the BlackBerry Technical Solution Center at www.blackberry.com/btsc.