- BlackBerry® Device Software 3.7 and later
- BlackBerry® Enterprise Server
- BlackBerry® Internet Service
The Wireless Application Protocol (WAP) Browser icon does not appear on the Home screen of the BlackBerry smartphone.
If the above scenario occurs, please see the below checklist. This issue is generally caused when the WAP BrowserConfig and WAP Transport or WAP2 Transport service books are missing from the BlackBerry smartphone.
The issue may be resolved using one of the methods described below. Perform the resolution instructions in order, starting with item 1. Once the issue is resolved, do not perform any subsequent actions.1) Register the BlackBerry smartphone with the wireless network again
For instructions, see KB00510 .
2) Confirm with your wireless service provider that your current plan is configured to use WAP services
3) Confirm with your administrator that an existing IT Policy is not blocking WAP
If the BlackBerry smartphone is currently, or was previously, active on a BlackBerry Enterprise Server, an IT policy might be in place that turns off WAP Browser functionality. If this is the case, an IT policy that allows WAP browser functionality must be applied to the BlackBerry smartphone. Contact your administrator to verify IT policy settings.
4) Ensure the BlackBerry Device Software is updated to the latest version
Download and install the latest version of BlackBerry Device Software by completing the following steps:
- Go to your wireless service provider’s web site and download the latest version of BlackBerry Device Software for your BlackBerry smartphone.
- Install the BlackBerry Device Software on the computer.
- Use the application loader tool in BlackBerry® Desktop Manager to install the BlackBerry Device Software on your BlackBerry smartphone. For more information, see the BlackBerry Wireless Handheld Upgrade Instructions, or KB03621 .
By downloading, accessing or otherwise using the Knowledge Base documents you agree:
(b) not to copy, distribute, disclose or reproduce, in full or in part any of the documents without the express written consent of RIM.
Visit the BlackBerry Technical Solution Center at www.blackberry.com/btsc.