- BlackBerry® Desktop Manager
- BlackBerry® smartphone
To back up application databases from a BlackBerry® smartphone to a computer, complete the following steps:
- Connect the BlackBerry smartphone to the computer and open BlackBerry Desktop Manager.
- Double-click Backup & Restore and then click Advanced.
- In the Device Databases window, select the application database you want to backup, for example Messages, and click the left arrow.
- Once the database appears in the Desktop File Databases window, select File > Save As.
- Select the location where the database is to be saved and click Save.
By downloading, accessing or otherwise using the Knowledge Base documents you agree:
(b) not to copy, distribute, disclose or reproduce, in full or in part any of the documents without the express written consent of RIM.
Visit the BlackBerry Technical Solution Center at www.blackberry.com/btsc.