- BlackBerry Desktop Software 7.1
- BlackBerry smartphones
It is advised to backup the data on the BlackBerry smartphone prior to performing this procedure to avoid all device data from being permanently lost. For instructions on backing up data using BlackBerry Desktop Software, please see KB12487.
To perform a clean installation of the BlackBerry Device Software:
- Click the Device menu and select Update...
- A dialog box appears and indicates that there are no BlackBerry Device Software updates available, click View other versions in the lower left corner
- The check box for the currently installed version is selected in the Available Versions list. Click the Install button
- Clear the check box next to Back up device data
- Click the Install update button
For information on issues with BlackBerry Desktop Software detecting the BlackBerry, please see article KB10144.
For information on performing a web-based BlackBerry Device Software update, please see article KB16068.
By downloading, accessing or otherwise using the Knowledge Base documents you agree:
(b) not to copy, distribute, disclose or reproduce, in full or in part any of the documents without the express written consent of RIM.
Visit the BlackBerry Technical Solution Center at www.blackberry.com/btsc.