- BlackBerry® Desktop Software
- BlackBerry® smartphones
- Microsoft® Outlook®
All organizer applications synchronize successfully in a wired synchronization between Microsoft® Outlook® and the BlackBerry® smartphone, with the exception of the calendar.
Complete the following steps in order until resolution is obtained:
Step 1 - The calendar was not selected for synchronization.
Modify the synchronization settings in the BlackBerry Desktop Software to include the calendar in the wired synchronization process. For instructions, see KB03315, Task 1.
Step 2 - The option to synchronize only future items was selected. This is the default setting when the BlackBerry Desktop Manager is installed.
Transfer all calendar items to the BlackBerry smartphone using the BlackBerry Desktop Manager. For instructions, see the BlackBerry Desktop Software Users guide found here.
Step 3 - The Default Service for calendar has an empty calendar selected.
Change the Default Service for the calendar to the calendar that contains your information.
To determine which calendar contains your information, complete the following steps:
- Open the Calendar application on the BlackBerry smartphone.
- Click the Menu key and select Options.
- Under the Calendars heading, a list is shown of the calendar services on your BlackBerry smartphone.
- Click each calendar to view the details and make note of the number of entries.
To change the Default Calendar Service on the BlackBerry to the calendar that contains your information, complete the following steps:
- On the Home screen of the BlackBerry smartphone, click Options > Advanced Options.
- Open Default Services.
- Next to Calendar (CICAL), select the calendar service that contained your entries as identified in the preceding steps.
- Exit and save from Options.
For more information on utilizing multiple calendars on the BlackBerry smartphone, see KB17992.
If The default service for your device has changed appears during an attempt to perform a synchronization after the Default Service for calendar is changed (Cause and Resolution 3), see KB20387 for more information.
This article contains information previously documented in KB15079.
By downloading, accessing or otherwise using the Knowledge Base documents you agree:
(b) not to copy, distribute, disclose or reproduce, in full or in part any of the documents without the express written consent of RIM.
Visit the BlackBerry Technical Solution Center at www.blackberry.com/btsc.