- BlackBerry® Enterprise Server
- BlackBerry® Business Cloud Services
The BlackBerry smartphone user is unable to use BlackBerry® Desktop Manager to restore wireless backup databases. The databases are dimmed and unavailable in the list found in Backup/Restore > Advanced Settings.
To allow the BlackBerry smartphone user to restore the wireless backup databases, complete the following steps using either BlackBerry Manager or BlackBerry Administration Service:
For BlackBerry Manager:
- Open BlackBerry Manager.
- Click User List and select the affected BlackBerry smartphone user.
- Click Edit Properties.
- From the list of properties on the left pane, select PIM Sync.
- Change the value for Automatic Wireless Backup Enabled to False.
- Click OK.
For BlackBerry Administration Service:
- From the BlackBerry Administration Service under the BlackBerry solution management heading expand User
- Click Manage Users and if required search for the user.
- Click the user you wish to allow to restore the backup.
- Click Edit User.
- Under the Messaging Configuration heading click Default Configuration
- Click the Organizer data synchronization tab
- Change the value for Automatic Wireless Backup Enabled to No
- Click Continue to user information edit
- Click Save All
The BlackBerry smartphone user now can restore the wireless backup databases, which should appear as available.
Once the required databases are restored, in BlackBerry Manager or BlackBerry Administration Service, change the value for Automatic Wireless Backup Enabled back to it's previous setting.
By downloading, accessing or otherwise using the Knowledge Base documents you agree:
(b) not to copy, distribute, disclose or reproduce, in full or in part any of the documents without the express written consent of RIM.
Visit the BlackBerry Technical Solution Center at www.blackberry.com/btsc.