- BlackBerry® smartphones
An Uncaught Exception is an event, which occurs during the execution of a program, that disrupts the normal flow of it's instructions. These are typically displayed as java.lang.nullpointerexception or java.lang.illegalargument errors on the BlackBerry smartphone.
To assist with diagnosing these types of issues, please provide as much of the following details as possible:
- What is the frequency of the issue?
- Can this issue be replicated on demand or does it occur randomly only? If it can be replicated, please make a note of the steps taken to reproduce the issue.
- Is there a specific application/function being used when the issue occurs?
- Does the BlackBerry® smartphone encounter any other problems possibly arising from this issue? (e.g. The browser is unusable/ Device freezing up etc.)
- Have there been any upgrades performed to the BlackBerry® Device Software or other applications in the BlackBerry smartphone?
- When was the last backup of the BlackBerry® smartphone performed?
Note: To assist in capturing the error details, contact support while the error is still displayed on the BlackBerry smartphone. If possible, please do not reset the BlackBerry® smartphone so that we can perform a full investigation on the issue.
By downloading, accessing or otherwise using the Knowledge Base documents you agree:
(b) not to copy, distribute, disclose or reproduce, in full or in part any of the documents without the express written consent of RIM.
Visit the BlackBerry Technical Solution Center at www.blackberry.com/btsc.