- BlackBerry® Desktop Software
- BlackBerry® Device Software 4.2 to 5.0
When a wired synchronization is performed, calendar entries created on the BlackBerry smartphone are not transferred to the email application on the computer. Also, any calendar entries created in the email application are transferred to the BlackBerry smartphone, even if they already exist there. As a result, duplicate calendar entries are created on the BlackBerry smartphone and the BlackBerry smartphone user's calendar entries in the email application might be removed.
This issue does not affect BlackBerry smartphones that are associated with a BlackBerry® Enterprise Server.
When a BlackBerry smartphone contains a compressed ICAL (CICAL) service book (as provided by a BlackBerry Enterprise Server or by a BlackBerry® Internet Service integration), calendar entries are stored on the BlackBerry smartphone in the service calendar. The value in the Number of Entries field in the calendar options represents the data stored in the service calendar.
When a CICAL service book is not present on a BlackBerry smartphone, all calendar entries are stored on the BlackBerry smartphone in the base system calendar. Calendar entries stored in the base system calendar are only recognized by the calendar application on the BlackBerry smartphone. Therefore, any external application (the Backup and Restore tool, Intellisync®, etc.) does not recognize the calendar entries.
Complete one of the following resolutions.
If you are running BlackBerry Device Software 22.214.171.124 to 126.96.36.199, install the 2007 Calendar Patch. For instructions, see 2007 Calendar Patch for BlackBerry Smartphones.
Note: To identify the version of BlackBerry Device Software that you have installed on your BlackBerry smartphone, go to the Home screen of the BlackBerry smartphone and click Options > About.
Perform an update to BlackBerry Device Software 4.2.2 or later. For instructions, see KB03621.
Note: Verify that the BlackBerry Device Software package version contains applications 188.8.131.52 or later. To identify the version of BlackBerry Device Software that you have installed on your BlackBerry smartphone, go to the Home screen of the BlackBerry smartphone and then click Options > About.
Clear and restore the calendar database on the BlackBerry smartphone by completing the following steps:
- Using the BlackBerry® Desktop Manager, back up the calendar database on the BlackBerry smartphone. For instructions, see KB11297.
- Clear the calendar database from the BlackBerry smartphone by using the BlackBerry Desktop Manager. For instructions, see KB10167.
- Send the BlackBerry Internet Service service books to the BlackBerry smartphone. For instructions, see KB02830.
- Restore the calendar data to the BlackBerry smartphone. For instructions, see KB10339. This places all of the calendar appointments in the BlackBerry Internet Service CICAL calendar, which is synchronized.
By downloading, accessing or otherwise using the Knowledge Base documents you agree:
(b) not to copy, distribute, disclose or reproduce, in full or in part any of the documents without the express written consent of RIM.
Visit the BlackBerry Technical Solution Center at www.blackberry.com/btsc.