- BlackBerry Desktop Software 7.1
- Microsoft Outlook
In the event that different or multiple Outlook folders and data files (IE: Address Book, Calendar, Memos, Tasks) need to be synchronized with the BlackBerry smartphone using BlackBerry Desktop Software, specific folder mapping changes will be required.
Note: Data entered on the BlackBerry smartphone will be synchronized only to the Outlook folder selected as the default (will be shown in bold in the mapped folders list).
To configure synchronization for different folders and data files using BlackBerry Desktop Software, complete the following steps:
- Connect the BlackBerry smartphone to the computer.
- Open BlackBerry Desktop Software, and click Organizer.
- Click Configure... beside the data type (Contacts, Calendar, Tasks, Memos) that requires sync with an alternate folder.
- Click Advanced...
- Select the Folders tab.
- Select the radio button for Select different < contacts / calendar / tasks/ memos > to sync.
- Navigate to and select the specific item to be synchronized from the list and click Add
- Click OK.
- Click OK.
This article contains information previously documented in KB03613.
By downloading, accessing or otherwise using the Knowledge Base documents you agree:
(b) not to copy, distribute, disclose or reproduce, in full or in part any of the documents without the express written consent of RIM.
Visit the BlackBerry Technical Solution Center at www.blackberry.com/btsc.