- BlackBerry® Enterprise Server version 4.1
- BlackBerry® Enterprise Server Resource Kit 188.8.131.52
- Microsoft® SQL Server™
After migrating the BlackBerry® Configuration Database to a remote Microsoft SQL Server, the BlackBerry Manager still shows the NetBIOS name of the previous Microsoft SQL Server and the name of the previous BlackBerry Configuration Database if it was renamed when restored.
One or more of the following errors appears:
- The MNGR log displays the following error when the BlackBerry Manager attempts to connect to the previous Microsoft SQL Server.
COM Error 0x80004005 in ConnectionItem::ConnectToDB() - [DBNETLIB][ConnectionOpen (Connect()).]SQL Server does not exist or access denied
- The following error is displayed when attempting to update the Microsoft SQL Server information for the BlackBerry Manager by selecting Tools > Options > Database and typing the correct Microsoft SQL Server name and BlackBerry Configuration Database name.
Connection to the database has been lost.
Database settings cause failed connection. Reverting to previous settings.
- Log in to the BlackBerry Enterprise Server as the BlackBerry Enterprise Server service account.
- Open the BlackBerry Server Configuration Tool.
- Go to the Database tab.
- Confirm that the Microsoft SQL Server information and the BlackBerry Configuration Database name are correct. Note: Changes to this information may require a restart of the BlackBerry Enterprise Server services.
Important: Restarting certain BlackBerry Enterprise Server services will delay email message delivery to BlackBerry smartphones. For more information, see KB04789.
- Confirm that the BlackBerry Enterprise Server services are fully functional. (i.e. BlackBerry smartphone users can send and receive email on their BlackBerry smartphone.)
- If the above steps do not resolve the issue, contact BlackBerry Technical Support for further assistance.
By downloading, accessing or otherwise using the Knowledge Base documents you agree:
(b) not to copy, distribute, disclose or reproduce, in full or in part any of the documents without the express written consent of RIM.
Visit the BlackBerry Technical Solution Center at www.blackberry.com/btsc.