- BlackBerry® Internet Service
If a simple integration fails, the advanced integration method can be used to specify specific email account information.
To integrate an email account using the advanced integration method, complete the following steps:
- Navigate to wireless service provider's BlackBerry Internet Service web site and log in to account.
- Click Set Up Email to begin the integration process.
- In the Email Address field, type the email address. Leave the Email Password field blank.
- Manually provide the settings to integrate the email account by clicking provide additional settings.
- Identify the integration as a Post Office Protocol (POP) or Internet Message Access Protocol (IMAP) or Microsoft® Outlook® Web Access and provide the advanced settings, then click Next.
- If the email account was successfully added as POP/IMAP or Microsoft Outlook Web Access a confirmation window is displayed
The following articles contain helpful information about attempting to receive email messages from third-party email accounts on the BlackBerry smartphone:
- KB03133 - This article describes the integration of Microsoft Outlook Web Access accounts with BlackBerry Internet Service account.
- KB10453 - This article provides resolutions when not able to integrate an email account with the BlackBerry Internet Service.
- KB02857 - This article provides resolutions when not able to receive email messages from an integrated POP3 account.
- KB02858 - This article provides resolutions when not able to integrate a Microsoft Outlook Web Access account.
Important: Some wireless service providers do not support integration with all types of email accounts. Contact wireless service provider to verify whether a third-party email account is supported.
By downloading, accessing or otherwise using the Knowledge Base documents you agree:
(b) not to copy, distribute, disclose or reproduce, in full or in part any of the documents without the express written consent of RIM.
Visit the BlackBerry Technical Solution Center at www.blackberry.com/btsc.