- BlackBerry® Device Software 4.5 to 5.0
- BlackBerry® smartphones
Email message attachments in their native (original) file formats can be downloaded and saved to a folder on a BlackBerry smartphone that is running BlackBerry Device Software 4.5 to 4.7.
- This feature is only available for BlackBerry smartphones that are associated with a BlackBerry Enterprise Server that supports downloading email message attachments in their original file formats.
- The administrator sets the maximum file size that can be downloaded.
The following file types are supported:
- Microsoft® Word (.doc)
- Microsoft® Excel® (.xls)
- Microsoft® PowerPoint® (.ppt)
- Adobe® PDF (.pdf)
- Corel® WordPerfect® (.wpd)
- ASCII (.txt)
- Rich Text Format (.rtf)
- HTML (.html)
- Zip (.zip)
Note: Downloading an email message attachment in its original file format might significantly increase the amount of wireless data transmitted to the BlackBerry smartphone and result in additional data charges.
To download and save an email message attachment, complete the following steps:
- In the email message, highlight the attachment to be downloaded.
- Press the Menu key and select Download Attachment. Note: If the email message attachment file type is not supported, the Download Attachment option does not appear and you can only view the email message attachment.
- Select the folder where the file is to be saved.
- When the download is complete, the following message appears: Attachment download complete. Open the attachment now?
- To view the file, click Open.
To view the progress of the download, highlight the attachment. A drop-down box appears indicating what percentage of the download is complete.
By downloading, accessing or otherwise using the Knowledge Base documents you agree:
(b) not to copy, distribute, disclose or reproduce, in full or in part any of the documents without the express written consent of RIM.
Visit the BlackBerry Technical Solution Center at www.blackberry.com/btsc.