- BlackBerry® smartphone
- Microsoft® Outlook®
- Microsoft® Windows®
If calendar appointments appear to be offset incorrectly by 1 hour after synchronizing a BlackBerry® smartphone with a computer, check to see if the operating system has been patched for the latest Daylight Saving Time (DST) changes. To perform this, complete the following steps:
- On the computer, open a command prompt.
- Type w32tm /tz and press Enter.
- The output should be as follows (the sample result is for Eastern Time):
Time zone: Current:TIME_ZONE_ID_DAYLIGHT Bias: 300min (UTC=LocalTime+Bias)
[Standard Name:"Eastern Standard Time" Bias:0min Date:(M:11 D:1 DoW:0)]
[Daylight Name:"Eastern Daylight Time" Bias:-60min Date:(M:3 D:2 DoW:0)]
The above output indicates:
- The computer is set for the local time, which is 300 minutes (5 hours) earlier than UTC (Coordinated Universal Time) or GMT (Greenwich Mean Time).
- Daylight Saving Time starts on the second (D:2) Sunday (DoW:0) of March (M:3) with an offset of -60 minutes.
- Daylight Saving Time ends on the first (D:1) Sunday (DoW:0) of November.
For assistance in configuring the computer for DST, refer to the Additional Information field of this article or the Microsoft Support web site.
The following articles and links are useful in preparing for DST changes:
- For a full list of necessary steps, refer to Microsoft Support article "Preparing for daylight saving time changes in 2008":
- To update Microsoft® Windows® operating system including versions 2000 or earlier, refer to Microsoft Support article 914387 "How to configure daylight saving time for Microsoft® Windows® operating systems".
- To address time zone changes by using the Time Zone Data Update Tool for Microsoft® Outlook®, refer to Microsoft Support article 931667.
By downloading, accessing or otherwise using the Knowledge Base documents you agree:
(b) not to copy, distribute, disclose or reproduce, in full or in part any of the documents without the express written consent of RIM.
Visit the BlackBerry Technical Solution Center at www.blackberry.com/btsc.