- BlackBerry Enterprise Server
- BlackBerry smartphones
This article describes the main steps for migrating BlackBerry smartphone user accounts from a BlackBerry Enterprise Server in one mail platform environment (IBM Domino, Novell GroupWise, or Microsoft Exchange) to a BlackBerry Enterprise Server running on a different mail platform. The process outlined in this article accomplishes this scenario by using the BlackBerry Enterprise Server migration kit. The kit includes a permanent Server Routing Protocol Identifier (SRP ID) and an Authentication Key that replace the existing SRP ID and Authentication Key already in use. An SRP ID can be used on a BlackBerry Enterprise Server for any mail platform.
The BlackBerry Enterprise Server migration kit will also allow the client access licenses (CAL) from the current BlackBerry Enterprise Server to be used on the new BlackBerry Enterprise Server during the migration of BlackBerry smartphone users.
Complete the following steps:
- Install the BlackBerry Enterprise Server software for the new mail platform on a separate computer using the SRP ID and Authentication Key provided in the migration kit and the same CALs that are currently used in the BlackBerry Enterprise Server on the current mail platform.
- Remove the BlackBerry smartphone user accounts from the BlackBerry Enterprise Server in the current mail platform environment.
- Delete all data from the BlackBerry smartphones. For instructions, see KB02318.
- Add the BlackBerry smartphone user accounts to the new BlackBerry Enterprise Server in the new mail environment.
There is a 180-day overlap when the permanent SRP ID and the existing SRP ID are both active. After 180 days, the existing SRP ID is disabled and cannot be re-enabled or extended.
By downloading, accessing or otherwise using the Knowledge Base documents you agree:
(b) not to copy, distribute, disclose or reproduce, in full or in part any of the documents without the express written consent of RIM.
Visit the BlackBerry Technical Solution Center at www.blackberry.com/btsc.