- BlackBerry® Device Software 4.6 to 5.0
To turn on the Check Spelling As You Type option on the BlackBerry® smartphone, complete the following steps:
- In the Options application, click Spell Check.
- Select the Check Spelling As You Type check box.
- Press the Menu key.
- Click Save.
When the Check Spelling As You Type option is turned on, the BlackBerry smartphone underlines words that are not recognized. To resolve the underlined words, complete the following steps:
- Place the cursor on the underlined word.
- Click the trackball.
- Perform one of the following actions:
- To replace the unrecognized word with a suggested word, click a word in the list that appears.
- To add the unrecognized word to your custom dictionary, press the Menu key and click Add To Dictionary.
- To close the list without selecting a suggested word, press the Escape key.
- To ignore all instances of the same unrecognized word, press the Menu key and click Ignore All.
By downloading, accessing or otherwise using the Knowledge Base documents you agree:
(b) not to copy, distribute, disclose or reproduce, in full or in part any of the documents without the express written consent of RIM.
Visit the BlackBerry Technical Solution Center at www.blackberry.com/btsc.