- BlackBerry® Desktop Software 4.2 to 5.0
- BlackBerry smartphone
The BlackBerry smartphone cannot be detected by the application loader tool in BlackBerry® Desktop Manager.
To resolve this issue, complete the following steps:
- Remove the battery from the BlackBerry smartphone. Do not reinsert the battery.
- Make sure that the BlackBerry smartphone is not connected to the computer.
- On the computer, open BlackBerry Desktop Manager.
- Click Application Loader.
- Click Next. The Communication Port Selection screen appears.
- Make sure that there is a check mark next to Detect communication port.
- Connect the BlackBerry smartphone to the computer using a USB cable.
- Click Next. The connection changes from COM to USB-PIN:(PIN Number) or USB-PIN:(Unknown).
- The Device Application Selection screen appears. Under Application Name, a list of applications to select is displayed.
If you do not see any selectable applications, download and install the latest version of BlackBerry Device Software from your service provider's web site.
- Click Next. A screen is displayed summarizing which applications will be installed on and which applications will be removed from the BlackBerry smartphone.
- You have the option to click Advanced..., which allows you to configure additional options, such as data preservation and backup settings. This step is optional.
- Click Finish to start the application load process.
- Reinsert the BlackBerry smartphone battery.
By downloading, accessing or otherwise using the Knowledge Base documents you agree:
(b) not to copy, distribute, disclose or reproduce, in full or in part any of the documents without the express written consent of RIM.
Visit the BlackBerry Technical Solution Center at www.blackberry.com/btsc.