- BlackBerry® Enterprise Server
- Zimbra™ Collaboration Suite Open Source Edition
Zimbra™ Mobile has created a connector that allows the BlackBerry® Enterprise Server to connect with the Zimbra email platform.
Research In Motion (RIM) supports BlackBerry Enterprise Server related issues that are determined to not be caused by a Zimbra Mobile issue. When issues are related to the BlackBerry Enterprise Server, support calls are directed to BlackBerry® Techical Support Services. If BlackBerry Technical Support Services are contacted directly, troubleshoot issues as normal.If an issue is determined to be with the product, Zimbra should be contacted directly.
ZCB and BlackBerry Enterprise Server (BES) Common Issues (External Link)
About Zimbra Mobile
Zimbra Mobile is an over the air (OTA) synchronization solution for email, contacts, calendar and task data. Zimbra Mobile is an optional component add-on available for purchase with the Zimbra Collaboration Suite Network Edition (http://www.zimbra.com/products/network-collaboration-server.html) and works out-of-the-box with supported BlackBerry smartphones. The Zimbra server is configured by entering the Zimbra server address and user name, in a process similar to Microsoft® Exchange.
Zimbra Connector for BlackBerry Enterprise Server gives you all your synchronization needs straight to your BlackBerry Enterprise Server. The solution is intended for organizations that want to migrate from legacy to a new messaging and collaboration platform that supports up to 50 BlackBerry smartphones.
Key features include:
- Over-the-air synchronization of mail, address book, calendar in the native BlackBerry user interface (UI)
- Synchronization to all BlackBerry smartphones
- Full access to Zimbra Global Access List (GAL)
- Search email messages
- Open and view attachments
- Manage calendar events, and accept or decline meetings
- Administrators can add and provision BlackBerry smartphone users directly in the BlackBerry Administration Console
- Support for up to 50 BlackBerry smartphones
By downloading, accessing or otherwise using the Knowledge Base documents you agree:
(b) not to copy, distribute, disclose or reproduce, in full or in part any of the documents without the express written consent of RIM.
Visit the BlackBerry Technical Solution Center at www.blackberry.com/btsc.