- Facebook® for BlackBerry® smartphones
When using Facebook® for BlackBerry® smartphones, either no email notifications are received for wall post, comments, messages, tags, etc., or push notifications and email notifications are received for the same item on the BlackBerry smartphone.
Starting in Facebook for BlackBerry smartphones 1.8, the application has the ability to use push technology to receive notifications from the Facebook website. When configured incorrectly, it could cause push notifications and email notifications to be received for the same item or even no notifications at all.
To enable push notifications and disable all other notification:
- Open Facebook for BlackBerry smartphones.
- Press the BlackBerry menu key and select Options from the menu.
- Scroll down to the Facebook notifications section and select the Facebook notifications checkbox (if not checked).
- To ensure that all other types of notifications are disabled, click on Turn off all Facebook Email Notifications.
- Save the changes made and exit.
By downloading, accessing or otherwise using the Knowledge Base documents you agree:
(b) not to copy, distribute, disclose or reproduce, in full or in part any of the documents without the express written consent of RIM.
Visit the BlackBerry Technical Solution Center at www.blackberry.com/btsc.