- BlackBerry App World™ storefront
- BlackBerry® Enterprise Server
When a BlackBerry® smartphone user assigned to a BlackBerry Enterprise Server attempts to connect to BlackBerry App World, one of the following error messages might be displayed:
- Failed to Transmit.
- PayPal® authentication failed. Please try again.
- BlackBerry App World is currently unavailable. Try again later.
- BlackBerry App World is having trouble connecting to the BlackBerry App World server. Verify your network connections and try again.
- Error Type: 100002
This issue occurs for users if both of the following conditions are met:
- The user does not have a BlackBerry® Internet Service browsing plan or the BlackBerry Browser is blocked through an IT policy
- The BlackBerry Enterprise Server cannot forward the request because of a proxy server or other means of preventing or allowing access to specific web addresses.
For users with an active BlackBerry Internet Service browsing plan that is not disabled through an IT policy, this issue is resolved by updating to the most recent version of BlackBerry App World.
For instructions on installing the latest version of BlackBerry App World, see KB17619.
Be sure the following IT policy rules are configured to initiate external connections as well as all browser services.
- Security policy group > Allow External Connections = True/Yes
- Security Exclusivity policy group > Allow Other Browser Services = True/Yes
By downloading, accessing or otherwise using the Knowledge Base documents you agree:
(b) not to copy, distribute, disclose or reproduce, in full or in part any of the documents without the express written consent of RIM.
Visit the BlackBerry Technical Solution Center at www.blackberry.com/btsc.