- BlackBerry® Smart Card Reader 2.0
- BlackBerry® Smart Card Reader version 2.0 software.
- BlackBerry® Device Software 4.1 and above.
To pair a BlackBerry® Smart Card Reader, complete the following steps:
- On the BlackBerry® smartphone, click Options, then Security Options.
- Click Smart Card.
- In the Registered Reader Drivers section, click BlackBerry.
- Press the Menu key and select Connect.
- On the BlackBerry Smart Card Reader, press the Action key.
- On the BlackBerry smartphone, type the Reader ID that appears on the BlackBerry Smart Card Reader screen.
- Press the Enter key.
- When prompted, on the BlackBerry smartphone, type the Bluetooth pairing key, and the secure pairing key displayed on the BlackBerry Smart Card Reader screen.
- Perform one of the following actions:
- If this is the first time connecting to the BlackBerry Smart Card Reader, create a secure connection password when prompted.
- If the smartphone has previously connected to the BlackBerry Smart Card Reader, enter the secure connection password that was already created.
- Click OK.
Ensure that the same version of BlackBerry Smart Card Reader software 2.0 is installed on both your BlackBerry smartphone and the BlackBerry Smart Card Reader prior to pairing.
For other instructions related to setting up your BlackBerry Smart Card Reader, please see the Getting Started Guide.
See also http://us.blackberry.com/ataglance/security/products/smartcardreader/ for links to download the latest Smart Card Reader and Smart Card drivers.
By downloading, accessing or otherwise using the Knowledge Base documents you agree:
(b) not to copy, distribute, disclose or reproduce, in full or in part any of the documents without the express written consent of RIM.
Visit the BlackBerry Technical Solution Center at www.blackberry.com/btsc.