- BlackBerry® Mobile Voice System (BlackBerry MVS) Server for Cisco® Unified Communications Manager version 6.1 or later
- BlackBerry MVS Client for Cisco Unified Communications Manager version 6.1 or later
The line label associated with the work extension can be edited by the BlackBerry MVS administrator using the BlackBerry MVS Console or by the BlackBerry MVS user on the BlackBerry smartphone, if the administrator enables the setting. The default display name for work phone numbers on BlackBerry smartphones is Work.
To change the display name for a work phone number from the BlackBerry MVS Console, complete the following actions:
- In the left pane of the BlackBerry MVS Console, click Users.
- Click a BlackBerry MVS user account.
- In the Device Line Label field of the Template Settings tab, type a display name.
- Click Submit.
To permit BlackBerry MVS users to change the display name for work phone numbers, complete the following actions:
- In the left pane of the BlackBerry MVS Console, click Class Of Service.
- Select a class of service.
- On the User Editable Fields tab, select the User may edit Device Line Label check box.
- Click Submit.
When the class of service is changed, the affected BlackBerry MVS user account and the BlackBerry smartphone are updated.
To change the line label using the BlackBerry smartphone, complete the following steps:
- Open the Phone application, highlight the active line at the top of the screen.
- Press the Menu key and select Rename Line Labels.
- Type a new name for the line.
- Exit the menu and save the change.
By downloading, accessing or otherwise using the Knowledge Base documents you agree:
(b) not to copy, distribute, disclose or reproduce, in full or in part any of the documents without the express written consent of RIM.
Visit the BlackBerry Technical Solution Center at www.blackberry.com/btsc.