- BlackBerry® Mobile Voice System (BlackBerry MVS) Server for Cisco® Unified Communications Manager version 6.1 or later
- BlackBerry MVS Client for Cisco Unified Communications Manager version 6.1 or later
The caller restrictions feature is used to filter incoming calls to a work phone number. When a BlackBerry MVS user receives a call on a BlackBerry smartphone, the BlackBerry MVS Server filters the incoming phone number through two lists: Blocked Callers and Allowed Callers. If BlackBerry MVS Server finds the incoming phone number in the blocked callers list, the BlackBerry MVS user does not receive the call on the BlackBerry smartphone.
These caller restrictions for new or existing BlackBerry MVS user accounts can be configured. The names that are added to the caller lists are used for reference only. The BlackBerry MVS Server filters incoming calls based on the phone number. If changes to a template are made, the BlackBerry MVS Server does not update BlackBerry MVS user accounts or BlackBerry smartphones.
Configure caller restrictions
To configure caller restrictions, complete the following steps:
- In the left pane of the BlackBerry MVS Console, click Templates.
- Click a template.
- In the Caller Restrictions section, configure the settings.
- In the Blocked Callers list, type the numbers and names of the callers that you want to block.
- In the Allowed Callers list, type the numbers and names of the callers that you want to permit.
- Click Submit.
Permit BlackBerry MVS users to change caller restrictions
To permit BlackBerry MVS users to change caller restrictions, complete the following steps:
- In the left pane of the BlackBerry MVS Console, click Class Of Service.
- Click a class of service.
- Click User can change caller restriction.
- Click Submit.
Note: When you change a class of service, BlackBerry MVS Server updates the affected BlackBerry MVS user accounts and BlackBerry smartphones.
You can also permit BlackBerry MVS users to allow calls from blocked callers, and to change the caller restrictions on their BlackBerry smartphones.
Caller restrictions for a work phone number include any of the following options:
- All Callers Allowed: The BlackBerry MVS Client does not filter any calls to the BlackBerry smartphone.
- Allowed Callers Only: The BlackBerry MVS Client permits the BlackBerry smartphone to receive calls that are associated with the allowed callers list only.
- No Callers Allowed: The BlackBerry MVS Client blocks all calls to the BlackBerry smartphone.
By downloading, accessing or otherwise using the Knowledge Base documents you agree:
(b) not to copy, distribute, disclose or reproduce, in full or in part any of the documents without the express written consent of RIM.
Visit the BlackBerry Technical Solution Center at www.blackberry.com/btsc.