- BlackBerry® Enterprise Server 5.0
- BlackBerry® Enterprise Server Express 5.0
In BlackBerry® Enterprise Server 5.0 the change database option is no longer available as it was in BlackBerry® Enterprise Server 4.0 and 4.1.
For further details on moving the BlackBerry Configuration database please refer to KB03112. The steps that follow are to be performed on the BlackBerry Enterprise Server to point to the new SQL Server.
1. Stop all BlackBerry® Services on all BlackBerry Enterprise Server and BlackBerry Administration Service servers.
2. Run Setup.exe from the source installation folder. By default, the location is <drive>:\Research In Motion\BlackBerry Enterprise Server 5.0 or <drive>:\Research In Motion\BlackBerry Enterprise Server 5.0.x
3. Accept the License Agreement and click Next.
4. On the Database Information Screen, update the Database server information with the new Microsoft® SQL Server® name and BlackBerry Configuration Database name, select the type of authentication and choose Next.
5. Continue with the installation clicking Next and accepting the settings in the various fields, completing the installation. Do not start the BlackBerry Enterprise Server services if intending to install a Maintenance Release immediately after.
6. Install the latest Maintenance Release that may have been previously installed.
7. Start all the BlackBerry Services.
8. Repeat these steps on any remote nodes of the BlackBerry® Administration Service, BlackBerry® Mobile Data System Connection Service, and BlackBerry® Monitoring Service server.
Note: After the setup has completed and the services restarted, message flow and organizer data synchronization will continue as usual. No interaction is required by the BlackBerry smartphone users. Additional BlackBerry Enterprise servers can be configured to point to the new database once the services are started on the first server.
By downloading, accessing or otherwise using the Knowledge Base documents you agree:
(b) not to copy, distribute, disclose or reproduce, in full or in part any of the documents without the express written consent of RIM.
Visit the BlackBerry Technical Solution Center at www.blackberry.com/btsc.