- BlackBerry Enterprise Server 5.0
- BlackBerry Enterprise Server Express 5.0 SP1 to 5.0 SP4
BlackBerry Business Cloud Services
- BlackBerry Web Desktop Manager
- BlackBerry smartphones
When the BlackBerry Administration Service or Web Desktop Manager site is opened, the connected BlackBerry smartphone is not detected and there are no options under Attached Devices.
If the above scenario occurs, complete the following tasks:
Task 1: Confirm the Windows Internet Explorer has not blocked this web site from running ActiveX controls, and as a result, the web page is not displayed correctly.
- Add the BlackBerry Administration Service and the Web Desktop Manager websites to the Trusted Sites under Internet Options on the Security tab on the server.
Task 2: Confirm a reboot occurred after the SCDeviceMonitor Class add-on was installed.
The computer that is attempting to access the BlackBerry Administration Service or Web Desktop Manager was not rebooted after the SCDeviceMonitor Class add-on was installed by the BlackBerry Administration Service or Web Desktop Manager website.
Restart the computer that is being used to access the BlackBerry Administration Service or Web Desktop Manager website.
Task 3: Verify that Windows Internet Explorer is allowed access to download or use ActiveX controls.
Open Internet Explorer and complete the following steps as follows:
- Click Tools, then Internet Options.
- Click on Security tab.
- Verify that the Internet zone (or Trusted sites zone) is highlighted, where the BlackBerry Administration Service or Web Desktop Manager website is located in.
- Click the Custom level button.
- Scroll down to the ActiveX controls and plug-ins section.
- Change the following settings:
- Download unsigned ActiveX controls - click the radio button on Prompt (recommended)
- Initialize and script ActiveX controls not marked as safe for scripting – click the radio button on Prompt.
- Click OK.
- Click Yes.
- Click OK.
- Close and re-open Internet Explorer.
- Login to the BlackBerry Administration Service or Web Desktop Manager website.
Task 4: Confirm that the URL was specified correctly
There are two possible URL formats to access either services:
BlackBerry Administration Service: https://<FQDN OR Pool name of server>:443/webconsole/login
Web Desktop: https://<FQDN OR Pool name of server>:443/webdesktop/login
Note: These URLs should not be shortened as the application expects a specific format to properly access the correct web-based application.
For more information on Microsoft enhanced security, and adding web sites to the trusted sites list, visit the Microsoft Help and Support site and search for "Windows Internet Explorer Enhanced Security".
By downloading, accessing or otherwise using the Knowledge Base documents you agree:
(b) not to copy, distribute, disclose or reproduce, in full or in part any of the documents without the express written consent of RIM.
Visit the BlackBerry Technical Solution Center at www.blackberry.com/btsc.