- BlackBerry App World™ storefront
- BlackBerry® smartphones
BlackBerry App World has a notification system to alert BlackBerry smartphone users when a new version of the application is available for download.
On the Home screen of the BlackBerry smartphone, the BlackBerry App World icon displays a red asterisk symbol.
When the BlackBerry App World icon is clicked, the BlackBerry smartphone user is advised of the details of the update with the following message.
There is an update available for BlackBerry App World. Would you like to install this update now?
The options provided are to update now or later.
If the BlackBerry smartphone user clicks OK, the download and installation of the updated version of BlackBerry App World begins.
When the download and installation processes have been completed, the BlackBerry smartphone user is prompted to reboot the BlackBerry smartphone immediately or later and the following message is displayed.
Device must be rebooted to complete install. Device inoperable for voice data and 911 service while rebooting
Note* Selecting Reboot Now is the only way to access BlackBerry App World immediately.
- BlackBerry App World will not be available until a reboot has occurred.
- The BlackBerry smartphone user will still be prompted 12 hours later until reboot occurs.
- If a customer selects to Reboot Later, A reboot notification will prompt the customer to Restart the BlackBerry Smartphone every 12 hours.
- If a BlackBerry smartphone user does not make a choice (i.e. escapes out of the screen), the behavior will be the same as choosing to reboot later.
By downloading, accessing or otherwise using the Knowledge Base documents you agree:
(b) not to copy, distribute, disclose or reproduce, in full or in part any of the documents without the express written consent of RIM.
Visit the BlackBerry Technical Solution Center at www.blackberry.com/btsc.