- BlackBerry® Enterprise Server 4.1 to 5.0 SP3 for Microsoft Exchange
The following line is seen in the Event Log and MAGT log on the BlackBerry® Enterprise Server:
(Application Event Log on BES1) | 06/05/2009 00:10:05 (6FFFC39F) -> 1 user(s) failed to initialize
The error is being reported as the BlackBerry Enterprise Server is unable to connect to a BlackBerry smartphone user's mail box, and therefore that user fails to initialize.
Typical reasons the BlackBerry smartphone user(s) fails to initialize are:
- The user's mailbox has been removed but the user has not been removed from the BlackBerry Enterprise Server.
- The user's mailbox has been disabled but the user has not been removed from the BlackBerry Enterprise Server.
- The BlackBerry Enterprise Server service account does not have permission to access the BlackBerry user's mailbox on the Microsoft Exchange server.
- The Microsoft Exchange server is not online.
- The BlackBerry Enterprise Server is unable to accept a mailbox resolve for the BlackBerry user's mailbox on the Microsoft Exchange server.
Note: The above is a brief example of some of the scenarios that would result in this error being logged. Please contact Blackberry Technical Support for further analysis and assistance if the given above scenarios do not apply.
By downloading, accessing or otherwise using the Knowledge Base documents you agree:
(b) not to copy, distribute, disclose or reproduce, in full or in part any of the documents without the express written consent of RIM.
Visit the BlackBerry Technical Solution Center at www.blackberry.com/btsc.