- BlackBerry Enterprise Server 4.1 to 5.0 SP4
- BlackBerry Enterprise Service 10 version 10.2 and 10.2.2
To automatically add a disclaimer to all email sent using the BlackBerry Enterprise Server complete the following steps:
BlackBerry Enterprise Server version 4.1
- Open BlackBerry Manager.
- Click on the desired BlackBerry Enterprise Server listed in the Explorer View.
- Click on the Server Configuration Tab.
- Click Edit Properties.
- Click Messaging Appended Disclaimer Text.
- Click on the ... icon to the right of Appended Disclaimer Text.
- Type the disclaimer into the dialog box.
- Click OK.
- Click Apply and then OK.
BlackBerry Enterprise Server version 5.0 (This applies only at the domain level.)
Log into the BlackBerry Administration Service.
Select Servers and Components menu on the left.
Expand BlackBerry Solution Topology.
Expand BlackBerry Domain.
Expand Component View.
Click on the server instance that requires changing.
Click Edit instance.
Click the Messaging tab, in the Messaging Options section, perform one of the following actions:
To add a disclaimer before the body of the message, type the disclaimer in the Prepended disclaimer text field.
To add a disclaimer after the BlackBerry smartphone user's signature, type the disclaimer in the Appended disclaimer text field.
Repeat steps 7 to 9 for each instance requiring the creation of a disclaimer.
Click Save All.
BlackBerry Enterprise Service 10 version 10.2 (This is available from an IT Policy rule and only to display the message in Owner information and not for email sent)
- Create or use an existing IT Policy.
- Navigate to the Security tab and write the disclaimer within the applicable rule:
- Owner information rule - For BlackBerry Enterprise Service 10 version 10.2
- Display Owner information on Lock Screen - For BlackBerry Enterprise Service 10 version 10.2.2
- If this is a new IT policy then assign it to the BlackBerry smartphone.
By downloading, accessing or otherwise using the Knowledge Base documents you agree:
(b) not to copy, distribute, disclose or reproduce, in full or in part any of the documents without the express written consent of RIM.
Visit the BlackBerry Technical Solution Center at www.blackberry.com/btsc.