- BlackBerry® Device Software 4.5
- BlackBerry® smartphones
- Facebook® for BlackBerry® smartphones 1.5 to 1.7
When pictures are uploaded to a Facebook for BlackBerry smartphones application, the following error appears:
Photo upload failedor
A connection cannot be established to the Facebook server
Please update to the latest avaliable version of Facebook for BlackBerry smartphones.
To reduce the chance of receiving the error message when uploading a picture using Facebook for BlackBerry smartphones, complete the following steps:
- On the BlackBerry smartphone, navigate to the Camera application.
- Display the menu and click Options.
- Change the picture size setting to Medium.
- Display the menu and click Save.
Note: Pictures captured at medium size contain less data and take less time to upload. This reduces the chance of a timeout error message. If the picture upload error message continues to appear, change the picture size setting to Low.
By downloading, accessing or otherwise using the Knowledge Base documents you agree:
(b) not to copy, distribute, disclose or reproduce, in full or in part any of the documents without the express written consent of RIM.
Visit the BlackBerry Technical Solution Center at www.blackberry.com/btsc.