- BlackBerry® smartphone
- Google Maps™
When the BlackBerry® smartphone user tries to open Google Maps™ on the BlackBerry smartphone, the application opens and then closes immediately.
Application permissions are not set properly to allow Google Maps to open on the BlackBerry smartphone.
Modify the application permissions for Google Maps mapping service to allow the connection. Complete the following steps:
- On the Home screen of the BlackBerry smartphone, click Options > Advanced Options > Applications .
- Highlight Google Maps, press the Menu key, and select Edit Permissions.
- Set the Connections, Interaction, and User Data options to Allow.
- Press the Menu key and click Save.
- Open BlackBerry Maps again. The application launches successfully.
By downloading, accessing or otherwise using the Knowledge Base documents you agree:
(b) not to copy, distribute, disclose or reproduce, in full or in part any of the documents without the express written consent of RIM.
Visit the BlackBerry Technical Solution Center at www.blackberry.com/btsc.