- BlackBerry® Device Software 4.5 to 6.0
- BlackBerry® Enterprise Server 4.1 SP6 to 5.0 SP3
In BlackBerry® Enterprise Server 4.1 and below, the BlackBerry Mobile Data System Connection Service is limited to being able to configure single LDAP, OCSP and CRL server entries. BlackBerry smartphone users may wish to configure different LDAP, OCSP or CRL Server entries on the BlackBerry smartphone to work around this limitation.
Where a BlackBerry smartphone user has configured handheld Certificate Server entries, it is possible to export these settings and for another BlackBerry smartphone user to import them:
- Click Options > Security Options > Certificate Servers.
- Select an entry, click the BlackBerry menu button and choose Email Server.
- Address the email to the recipient and send
- The recipient opens the email, and selects the attachment at the bottom of the message
- Press the BlackBerry menu button and choose Import Server.
- Check that the Certificate Server entry has been imported by navigating to Options > Security Options > Certificate Servers.
Note: Repeat the process for other Certificate Server entries.
In BlackBerry Enterprise Server 5.0 to 5.0 SP3, multiple LDAP, OCSP and CRL Server entries can be configured with a configuration set which is applied to each BlackBerry Mobile Data System Connection Service instance. Within a configuration set it is also possible to configure the order in which each server is referenced.
By downloading, accessing or otherwise using the Knowledge Base documents you agree:
(b) not to copy, distribute, disclose or reproduce, in full or in part any of the documents without the express written consent of RIM.
Visit the BlackBerry Technical Solution Center at www.blackberry.com/btsc.