- BlackBerry® Device Software version 4.5 to 5.0
- Twitter® for BlackBerry® smartphones
Twitter for BlackBerry smartphones offers the ability to search for Tweets that have been submitted by other users in the same geographic area. In order to use this feature, the BlackBerry smartphone must be able to retrieve a GPS signal. To access this feature, complete the following steps:
- Open Twitter for BlackBerry smartphones and select the Search icon.
- Highlight the crosshair and press the trackpad/trackball.
- Select the distance you want to search.
- Search Everywhere
- Within 1km
- Within 5km
- Within 10km
- Within 15km
- Within 25km
- Within 50km
- Within 100km
If the BlackBerry smartphone does not obtain a GPS signal, "Unable to get current location. Returning all results" will appear.
To continue searching without a GPS signal, the search distance value must be set to Search Everywhere.
To modify the unit the distance is measured in, complete the following steps;
- Open Twitter for BlackBerry smartphone options
- Specify Distance Measured In as MI (Miles) or KM (Kilometer)
By downloading, accessing or otherwise using the Knowledge Base documents you agree:
(b) not to copy, distribute, disclose or reproduce, in full or in part any of the documents without the express written consent of RIM.
Visit the BlackBerry Technical Solution Center at www.blackberry.com/btsc.