- BlackBerry® Device Software 4.5
- BlackBerry smartphones
Links that appear on a web page that is viewed in the BlackBerry® Browser cannot be highlighted or opened by clicking.
The format of some web pages causes the cursor mode to be unable to highlight or open web links.
Update the BlackBerry Device Software to version 4.6 or later.
- On the Home screen of the BlackBerry smartphone, click Browser.
- Press the Menu key and click Options > General Options.
- Set the Default View to Column.
- Clear the Enable cursor in column view check box.
- Save and exit out of the browser options.
Using the column view changes the layout all web pages that are visited. Update the BlackBerry Device Software to 4.6 or later if possible to allow for the viewing of web pages in Page view.
By downloading, accessing or otherwise using the Knowledge Base documents you agree:
(b) not to copy, distribute, disclose or reproduce, in full or in part any of the documents without the express written consent of RIM.
Visit the BlackBerry Technical Solution Center at www.blackberry.com/btsc.