- BlackBerry® Device Software 5.0
- BlackBerry App World™ storefront
- DT 683824
When an update is performed to BlackBerry App World™ storefront 22.214.171.124, the BlackBerry App World icon disappears from the Home screen of the BlackBerry smartphone after the BlackBerry smartphone is rebooted.
This is a previously reported issue that has been escalated internally to our development team. No resolution time frame is currently available.
To get the BlackBerry App World icon to reappear, complete the following steps:
- Back up the BlackBerry smartphone by following the instructions in KB12487.
- Delete all data and applications from the BlackBerry smartphone using the Wipe Handheld option by following the instructions in KB14058.
- Restore the data from the backup taken in step 1 by following the instructions in KB10339.
Note: When the Wipe Handheld option is used, all data on the BlackBerry smartphone is erased. This might affect sending and receiving email messages. If the BlackBerry smartphone is associated with a BlackBerry® Enterprise Server, complete the enterprise activation process to restore messaging functionality.
By downloading, accessing or otherwise using the Knowledge Base documents you agree:
(b) not to copy, distribute, disclose or reproduce, in full or in part any of the documents without the express written consent of RIM.
Visit the BlackBerry Technical Solution Center at www.blackberry.com/btsc.