- BlackBerry 10
- BlackBerry 6 to 7.1
- BlackBerry Device Software 4.5 to 5.0
Depending on your smartphone, there are 2 different ways to check the model and OS version. Follow the steps below that work on your device.
BlackBerry 10 smartphones
To display your device’s Model and Model Number:
- From the home screen, tap Settings > About.
To display your device’s OS Version:
- Tap the Category dropdown and select OS.
All other BlackBerry smartphones
To display your Model Number and OS Version:
- From the home screen, select Options. (Note: Options may be located in the Settings folder.)
- Click Options > Device > About Device Versions, or click Options > About.
- The Model Number is on the first line. The OS Version is the first set of numbers on the third line.
By downloading, accessing or otherwise using the Knowledge Base documents you agree:
(b) not to copy, distribute, disclose or reproduce, in full or in part any of the documents without the express written consent of RIM.
Visit the BlackBerry Technical Solution Center at www.blackberry.com/btsc.