- BlackBerry ID
- BlackBerry smartphones
- BackBerry PlayBook tablet
BlackBerry ID is a master key to BlackBerry products, sites, services and applications, including BlackBerry Protect, BlackBerry World storefront and BlackBerry Messenger. This feature enables a BlackBerry smartphone users to log into any BlackBerry product that supports BlackBerry ID which includes the BlackBerry PlayBook tablet.
Note: BlackBerry Messenger and BlackBerry Protect do not support BlackBerry ID association on the BlackBerry PlayBook tablet
The BlackBerry ID keeps track of applications in one location which is convenient during BlackBerry smartphone or tablet upgrades. Also BlackBerry ID allows the BlackBerry smartphone user to lock, locate or wipe a BlackBerry product remotely using BlackBerry Protect in case it is lost or stolen.
BlackBerry Messenger now requires associating the BBM profile with the BlackBerry ID. Once the BlackBerry ID has been associated, it will uniquely identify the BBM profile and allow for seamless restore of the BBM profile when the same BlackBerry ID is used.
To secure the BlackBerry ID:
- Ensure that the BlackBerry ID password is always kept confidential.
- If the BlackBerry ID password is documented, choose a secure method to document such as Password Keeper.
To access BlackBerry ID settings on the BlackBerry PlayBook or BlackBerry smartphones running BlackBerry Device Software 5.0, BlackBerry 6 or 7, please follow the steps below:
Blackberry smartphone running BlackBerry 10:
To access BlackBerry ID settings from a BlackBerry 10 smartphone, follow the steps below:
- From the home screen, swipe down from the top and select Settings.
- Select BlackBerry ID
BlackBerry smartphone running BlackBerry 7:
A BlackBerry ID has to be created in order to use BlackBerry services on a BlackBerry 7 device such as the BlackBerry Internet Service, BlackBerry Messenger, BlackBerry Music and BlackBerry Protect.
To access BlackBerry ID settings on a BlackBerry 7 Smartphone, follow the steps below:
1. From the home screen on the smartphone, open Options.
2. Select Device > BlackBerry ID.
BlackBerry smartphone running BlackBerry 6:
When first signing into an application that uses BlackBerry ID, the application will prompt for the BlackBerry ID credentials to be entered. In the future, any applications that utilize the BlackBerry ID will be attached to the same BlackBerry ID.
1. From the home screen of the BlackBerry, click the Options icon.
2. Choose Third Party Applications.
3. Choose BlackBerry ID.
BlackBerry smartphone running BlackBerry Device Software 5.0:
1. Click Options from the main screen.
2. Click BlackBerry ID.
Important: Please note that BlackBerry ID is not implemented on BlackBerry Smartphones prior to BlackBerry Device Software 5.0.
For more information on changing the BlackBerry ID associated with the BlackBerry smartphone or BlackBerry PlayBook tablet, see KB26694.
It is mandatory to login to a BlackBerry ID when performing the first activation of a BlackBerry Playbook.
For information on the BlackBerry® PlayBook™ setup process, see KB26228.
To access BlackBerry ID settings from a BlackBerry PlayBook, follow the steps below:
1. On the top-right of BlackBerry PlayBook home screen, press the Options icon (gear).
2. Choose About from the list of options on the left side of the screen.
3. In the About screen, ensure that General is chosen in the drop-down menu.
4. The BlackBerry ID will be displayed at the top of the list below.
To secure your BlackBerry ID account and ensure you are able to easily reset your password in future, please confirm your BlackBerry ID here
If you need further BBID support you can get support here
By downloading, accessing or otherwise using the Knowledge Base documents you agree:
(b) not to copy, distribute, disclose or reproduce, in full or in part any of the documents without the express written consent of RIM.
Visit the BlackBerry Technical Solution Center at www.blackberry.com/btsc.