- BlackBerry® Desktop Software 6.0
- BlackBerry® Device Software 6.0
The Wi-Fi® Music Sync feature in BlackBerry® Desktop Software is designed for browsing and downloading songs and playlists to the BlackBerry® smartphone using Wi-Fi technology. The songs and playlists are pulled from a Windows Media® Player library or an iTunes library on your computer.
Installation of Wi-Fi music sync and the BlackBerry handheld client
- Connect your BlackBerry smartphone to your computer.
- In the BlackBerry Desktop Software, click Tools > Wi-Fi music sync or click Wi-Fi music sync at the bottom of the screen.
- In the Wi-fi music sync setup window, click Turn wireless sync on. The software then installs the BlackBerry handheld client if it isn't already installed.
Note: The BlackBerry smartphone restarts when the software is installed.
- On the confirmation screen, note the Wi-Fi requirements and click Close.
- In the BlackBerry Desktop Software, click Music to synchronize the playlists on your computer with your BlackBerry smartphone.
Note: Wi-fi music sync will pull your Windows Media Player or iTunes playlists.
Your Wi-Fi connection status and any other connectivity updates for Wi-fi music sync appear at the bottom of the BlackBerry Desktop Software screen.
By downloading, accessing or otherwise using the Knowledge Base documents you agree:
(b) not to copy, distribute, disclose or reproduce, in full or in part any of the documents without the express written consent of RIM.
Visit the BlackBerry Technical Solution Center at www.blackberry.com/btsc.