- BlackBerry® Bold™ 9000 smartphone
- BlackBerry® Curve™ 8900 smartphone
- BlackBerry® Curve™ 8520 smartphone
- BlackBerry® Device Software 5.0.0 release 1385 (consisting of Application Version 22.214.171.1242 and Platform 126.96.36.199)
- DT 787457
When the BlackBerry® smartphone starts up, the device display remains frozen on the AT&T® branded splash screen.
This issue was caused by a third-party application that did not load correctly after the BlackBerry Device Software upgrade.
Remove the AT&T myWireless Mobile application from the smartphone. The instructions are outlined below:
- Start the smartphone in Safe Mode - for instructions, see KB17877.
- On the smartphone Home screen, go to Options > Applications (depending on theme, it may be Settings > Options > Applications).
- Select the myWireless Mobile application, press the Menu key, and select Delete.
- Pull the battery to reset the smartphone and allow it to boot up.
AT&T is working on updating the myWireless Mobile application to resolve this issue.
By downloading, accessing or otherwise using the Knowledge Base documents you agree:
(b) not to copy, distribute, disclose or reproduce, in full or in part any of the documents without the express written consent of RIM.
Visit the BlackBerry Technical Solution Center at www.blackberry.com/btsc.